Tramex Skipper Plus - Moisture Meter For Boats
Tramex Skipper Plus - Moisture Meter for Boats
Ever want to check the work of a Boat Surveyor? Or are you a Boat Surveyor and need to have an affordable industry standard moisture meter? The Skipper Plus Moisture Meter for Boats is exactly what you need.
The Tramex Skipper Plus non-destructive moisture meter provides a complete, safe method for detecting excess moisture in GRP and wooden boats. A pocket-sized moisture meter, the Skipper is designed to locate moisture in boat hulls and fittings.
Osmosis, also known as Gelcoat Blistering, is found in GRP hulls when moisture soaks into the hulls surface, collects between the fiberglass and plastic laminate, resulting in blistering of the gelcoat. Usually found on or below the waterline, Osmosis dramatically reduces the structural strength of the hull and the value of a boat.
- Early detection before blistering appears.
- Identifying the affected area.
- Monitoring hull during de-humidification and repairs.
- Checking stripped or peeled areas for dryness prior to re-coating.
To achieve a lasting finish and strength of wooden boats and boat parts it is essential to ensure that they are well maintained and do not contain excess moisture. Excess moisture can rot and decay the wood itself.
- Three ranges for detecting moisture in GRP and hardwood for salt & freshwater.
- A wide range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% on hardwood scale and 0 to 100 on a comparative scale for GRP and other materials
- Identifies the presence of osmosis in GRP hulls.
- Confirms if wooden boats are dry enough for painting or varnishing.
- Trace deck and bulkhead leaks.
- “Hold” function facilitates ease of recording readings
- Soft rubber electrodes make direct contact without scratching.
- High moisture audio warning tone that can be switched on or off.
- Battery operated (included)
All Tramex products carry a full satisfaction guarantee including a one year warranty against defects in parts & workmanship and a refund if the unit is returned, shipping pre-paid, in new condition within 21 days of original delivery. Proof of purchase is necessary.
Have questions? Give us a call : (970) 391-3162