Tramex Dec Scanner - Roofing Moisture Scanner (with heavy duty flight ready case)
The Tramex Dec Scanner is a mobile non-destructive impedance scanner designed for the instant surveying of moisture conditions in roofing and waterproofing systems per ASTM D7954. Ideal for water leak detection in roofing materials.
Why should a roof be tested for moisture?
Excess moisture in a roofing system can affect its performance, reducing thermal resistance values and energy efficiency, raising energy costs and eventually causing structural damage and system failure.
The Dec Scanner has an integrated and adjustable calibration ability allowing for precise comparative readings. There are 3 Ranges, and they should be selected as best suits the surface under test, for example:
Range 1 - Most suitable for single-ply and thin roof coverings such as PVC, Hypalon and other smooth surfaces where insulation is wet and moisture is close to the surface.
Range 2 - Most suitable for multi-ply built-up and modified systems, mineral surfaced felts, and other smooth or gravel surfaces where insulation is less wet and moisture is below the surface.
Range 3 - Most suitable for thicker roof coverings such as mastic asphalt, thick gravel and stone surfaced roofing.
- Complies to ASTM D7954
- Non-destructive impedance moisture meter.
- Three ranges of sensitivity enabling the inspection of a variety of roof membranes and insulation thicknesses.
- Ergonomic easy-reach and easy to operate the control panel.
- Leak tracing, water leak detection, problem sourcing, and an instantaneous and clear indication of the roof condition.
- Fast readings over large roof areas in a short time frame.
- Work in normal daylight hours.
- Faster and more user-friendly than nuclear meters.
- Easy and safe to use with no regulatory restrictions or operating license required.
- Dependable solid state circuitry and rugged molded body for long-term reliability.
- Battery powered - 9 Volt PP3.
All Tramex products carry a full satisfaction guarantee including a one year warranty against defects in parts & workmanship and a refund if the unit is returned, shipping pre-paid, in new condition within 21 days of original delivery. Proof of purchase is necessary.
Have questions? Give us a call: (970) 391-3162